Subject: Updated: WG21 SG16 (Unicode) teleconference
From: Tom Honermann via BlueJeans Network (invite_at_[hidden])
Date: 2020-06-13 10:24:20
To join the meeting on a computer or mobile phone: https://bluejeans.com/140274541?src=textEmail
Tom Honermann has updated the information for your meeting.Phone Dial-in
+1.408.419.1715 (United States(San Jose))
+1.408.915.6290 (United States(San Jose))
Global Numbers: https://www.bluejeans.com/numbers
Meeting ID: 140 274 541
Meeting date: June 17th, 2020
Meeting time: 19:30-21:00 UTC (3:30pm-5:00pm EDT)
- Continue discussion of terminology updates to strive for in C++23
- Resume discussion of relationships between (abstract) character, (character) repertoire, (coded) character set, and character encoding.
- Review ISO/IEC 10646:2017 section 3 terms and definitions (https://standards.iso.org/ittf/PubliclyAvailableStandards/c069119_ISO_IEC_10646_2017.zip)
- Review the Unicode glossary (https://www.unicode.org/glossary)
- Review Corentin's email (https://lists.isocpp.org/sg16/2020/06/1493.php)
- Compare and contrast terms as described by the above resources.
- Determine suitability of ISO/IEC 10646 terms for use in the C++ standard.
- Discuss the relationship of the above terms to named entities in the standard.
- Identify possible terms to add to [intro.defs].
Want to test your video connection?
SG16 list run by firstname.lastname@example.org