Re: [SG16] Redefining Lexing in terms of Unicode

From: Corentin Jabot <corentinjabot_at_[hidden]>
Date: Fri, 29 May 2020 01:42:42 +0200
On Fri, May 29, 2020, 01:03 Steve Downey via SG16 <sg16_at_[hidden]>
wrote:

> I don't think it would change the difficulty of adding new characters for
> keywords and operators. It would be no harder than adding @ to the basic
> source character set.

+1.
It is currently assumed, but not stated that the characters that are in the
basic character set can be used in arbitrary grammar elements.
This doesn't have to be the case.
For example adding "@" to the basic character set would not mean we could
use it as an operator.
Nor apparently that it would have to be representable in the physical
character set. But it would have to be representable in the execution
character set...

(At least what I propose would resolve that last point.)