Re: [SG16-Unicode] Namespaces

From: Steve Downey <sdowney_at_[hidden]>
Date: Sat, 30 Mar 2019 19:13:25 -0400
I tend to agree that text algorithms on non-unicode text are probably of
low value for standardizing. To the extent possible, we should provide the
consortium algorithms in order to minimize needless creativity.

On the other hand, I don't want to hide things without good reason. Unicode
database queries, for example. They are not actually generally useful, and
if you think they are the api you are looking for, you have probably missed
the one you should actually have used. Nonetheless, I think we should
probably provide access in a standard way, if just to allow better
implementations of algorithms.

It's my sense that there's a weak preference for meaningful names for
namespaces in std (which is an exception). Aliasing allows shorter ones,
like rg for ranges. My preference would be to use `unicode`, even for the
transcoding interfaces, as they will generally use scalar values
internally.