Re: [SG16-Unicode] Namespaces

From: Steve Downey <sdowney_at_[hidden]>
Date: Sat, 30 Mar 2019 18:52:13 -0400
That's what I'm thinking. Raw data to scalar values for decode, vice versa
for encode, and connect them for transcode, or attempted transcode.

Maybe include some queries for if the mapping is known to be a pure
transcoding.

And with some ability to do fast path shortcuts for some pairs of
encodings.

This is the normal implementation, so it shouldn't be controversial. I also
want to have hooks or capability for transliteration, which is really just
more interesting error handling on the "to" side of charset mapping.

Because this may be runtime determined, it probably means virtual functions
and a base interface, but I think particular encodings can be types, with
final functions, so if you are deterministic the compiler will
devirtualize.