Re: [isocpp-sg15] State of the modules today

From: Chuanqi Xu <chuanqi.xcq_at_[hidden]>
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2024 10:00:58 +0800
Hi James,
 For your question, I think the website (https://arewemodulesyet.org/ <https://arewemodulesyet.org/ >) is exactly what you’re looking for. There is also a `Doc` session for some useful documents and also an example section for some projects using modules natively (instead of wrappers), I believe it will be helpful.
 Also for SG15 members, I think we can post to this website too if we feel something is helpful.
Thanks,
Chuanqi
From: SG15 <sg15_at_[hidden]>
Send Time:2024 Jun. 24 (Mon.) 22:30
To:SG15<sg15_at_[hidden]>
Cc:James<james.business.84_at_[hidden]>
Subject:[isocpp-sg15] State of the modules today
Hi,
I hope you’re doing well. I have a few questions about the current state of C++ modules and thought you might be able to help. I'm new around here and not sure if this is the correct channel to ask, but I appreciate any guidance you can provide.
I’m having a hard time finding good information on how modules are used today, especially in cross-platform and cross-compiler setups. One particular thing I’m puzzled by is the lack of a standard file extension accepted by the major compilers. Additionally, do we have an estimate on when modules will be supported well enough for everyone to adopt them?
Could you share any insights or point me to resources on using modules? Specifically, I’m interested in working with modules without pre-built libraries.
Thanks a lot for your time!