Re: D2977R1: Build database files

From: René Ferdinand Rivera Morell <grafikrobot_at_[hidden]>
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2024 11:46:43 -0500
On Fri, Apr 12, 2024 at 11:43 AM Ben Boeckel via SG15
<sg15_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> On Fri, Apr 12, 2024 at 13:49:03 +0100, Jonathan Wakely via SG15 wrote:
> > On Fri, 12 Apr 2024 at 13:24, Harald Achitz via SG15 <sg15_at_[hidden]>
> > wrote:
> >
> > > The link is now a 404,
> > >
> > > is there a paper about this topic?
> > >

> > It's no longer a draft, replace the D with a P.
> > https://isocpp.org/files/papers/P2977R1.html
>
> D paper links expire once published? I can understand that they can
> change if republished, but we should bump the revision after discussion.
> FWIW, this P paper is equivalent to the D paper with the metadata
> updated. How many historical minutes refer to now-dead links with no way
> to know if the corresponding P paper with the same revision is what was
> discussed?

That's why everyone should avoid discussing D papers in meetings. It's
best if you publish/post before it's discussed in the meeting. Ideally
chairs should require a "no D paper discussion" policy.

--
-- René Ferdinand Rivera Morell
-- Don't Assume Anything  -- No Supone Nada