Re: Proposal for module metadata format to be used by the std library and others

From: Ben Boeckel <ben.boeckel_at_[hidden]>
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2024 22:53:04 -0400
On Tue, Mar 19, 2024 at 17:50:18 +0100, Mark de Wever via SG15 wrote:
> I think it would be good if we can specify a place in the json for these
> flags too.

I don't know that flags should be included as-is. Instead, it should be
up to the consumer to match the stdlib with the compiler to forward the
right flags (the very hypothetical MSVC-with-libc++ is unlikely to use
`-W` flags with letters rather than an integer). This is the purpose
behind the `is-std-library` boolean. Other reasons for flags should have
similarly high-level indicators.

--Ben