Re: Proposal for module metadata format to be used by the std library and others

From: Mark de Wever <koraq_at_[hidden]>
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2024 17:50:18 +0100
On Tue, Mar 19, 2024 at 05:44:53AM +0900, Daniel Ruoso wrote:
> Yes, that does remind me that I never submitted the format as a proper
> paper. Which will need a json schema specification as well.
>
> But I think that's ok, we can use the libc++ experience as the motivation
> for the format.

That would be great! During the SG15 meeting we have talked about the
need for additional compiler flags for building the module. We didn't
have that in the proposal and I haven't implemented this in libc++; I
was a bit pressed for time to get things ready for LLVM 18.

I think it would be good if we can specify a place in the json for these
flags too.

I'd be happy to give you input or review the paper; feel free to contact
me off-list.

Mark