Re: What is the outcome of the 12-12 meeting for the initial question: the location of std module units?

From: Daniel Ruoso <daniel_at_[hidden]>
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2023 09:31:05 -0500
On Thu, Dec 14, 2023, 09:24 Chuanqi Xu via SG15 <sg15_at_[hidden]>
wrote:

> I don't think the compiler is responsible to find the metadata file. And
> `-print-file-name` is just an interface that won't reduce the amount of
> work to support that

Let's explore that a bit.

Let's say you have a CMake project building against the default system
compiler, using that compiler's default standard library.

What are the steps CMake would have to take to figure out where the
metadata file is?

Daniel