Re: Proposal for module metadata format to be used by the std library and others

From: Daniel Ruoso <daniel_at_[hidden]>
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2023 10:42:57 -0500
On Wed, Dec 13, 2023, 10:27 Chuanqi Xu via SG15 <sg15_at_[hidden]>
wrote:

> I think the metadata file should be provided by the implementors of
> libraries (libc++ , libstdc++ and MSSTL in the case) instead of the
> compiler.

To clarify. The metadata file would be provided by the standard library,
but the compiler would be responsible to tell the build system where it is.

That's because the compiler is the one better positioned to integrate with
the standard library and provide a unified interface for the build system.

Daniel