Re: P2717R1, EcoIS Introspection

From: René Ferdinand Rivera Morell <grafikrobot_at_[hidden]>
Date: Wed, 17 May 2023 15:48:52 -0500
On Wed, May 17, 2023 at 3:26 PM Tom Honermann <tom_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> On 5/17/23 2:16 PM, René Ferdinand Rivera Morell via SG15 wrote:
>
> On Wed, May 17, 2023 at 12:51 PM Ben Boeckel <ben.boeckel_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>
> [1] Importing SemVer itself into ISO is probably a whole different beast
> as I suspect it is outside of the ISO "allowed to reference" list.
>
> And right, just referring to SmeVer in the IS is not possible. As it's
> not a standard in any real form. So we can't even evaluate the part
> about it being one of the liason organizations. Which unfortunately is
> going to be a recurring aspect of things in the EcoIS :-(
>
> Have you confirmed this with Thomas Köppe?
>
> See [time.zone.general] for an example where we "reference" the IANA Time Zone Database in a rather informal way (we don't list it as a normative reference in [intro.refs]).

Interesting, it's listed only as a bibliography entry. But there is
one rather large difference in that case and the case of importing
semver.. The IANA Time Zone db is not imported into the IS as a
standard. It's only referenced as "this thing here lets you access
that thing out there". Which is fine to do. To use semver we would
have to replicate the semver rules in our IS. Unless we can find
someone who has already done that in some other published standard.
Then we can just reference it without replication. Like we do for some
of the regex ECMA stuff IIRC.

Having said that.. Semver is small enough that it might be worth
replicating. Question would be what worth we see in semver?

--
-- René Ferdinand Rivera Morell
-- Don't Assume Anything  -- No Supone Nada