Re: "logical name" of importable headers

From: Daniel Ruoso <daniel_at_[hidden]>
Date: Mon, 6 Jun 2022 09:41:51 -0400
Em seg., 6 de jun. de 2022 às 07:08, Boris Kolpackov
<boris_at_[hidden]> escreveu:
> With the module mapper approach (at least as implemented in
> GCC/libcody), for each header include the compiler asks the
> build system whether to translate it to an import.

While the dynamic module mapper approach works in some cases, it is
not an universal solution. It is incompatible, for instance, with the
Remote Execution protocol, which requires all inputs to the compiler
to be rendered as static files. Large scale C++ usage is increasingly
dependent on the Remote Execution protocol, therefore this is not
something that we can ignore.

Therefore, we need to answer this question within the constraints of
rendering things into input files and command line arguments.

daniel