Re: [isocpp-ext] Can we expect that all C++ source files can have the same suffix?

From: Gabriel Dos Reis <gdr_at_[hidden]>
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2022 15:37:40 +0000
+1.

-- Gaby

________________________________
From: Daniel Ruoso <daniel_at_[hidden]>
Sent: Monday, April 25, 2022 6:15:27 AM
To: Peter Dimov <pdimov_at_[hidden]>
Cc: Gabriel Dos Reis <gdr_at_[hidden]>; sg15_at_[hidden] <sg15_at_[hidden]>; Nathan Sidwell <nathan_at_[hidden]>; Tom Honermann <tom_at_[hidden]>; René Ferdinand Rivera Morell via Ext <ext_at_[hidden]>
Subject: Re: [SG15] [isocpp-ext] Can we expect that all C++ source files can have the same suffix?

Em seg., 25 de abr. de 2022 às 09:06, Peter Dimov <pdimov_at_[hidden]> escreveu:
> All that's also true without modules, but we still make it possible for
> c++ hello.cc
> to produce a working hello world executable

FWIW, I'd be on board with a proposal for a "trivial build system"
interface to be supported in various toolchains with the same command
line and options. Maybe we can even convince our toolchain vendors to
include such a tool. I think focusing on the compiler executable
specifically as the one having to implement that is a mistake.

daniel