Re: [isocpp-ext] Can we expect that all C++ source files can have the same suffix?

From: Tom Honermann <tom_at_[hidden]>
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2022 13:29:46 -0400
On 4/20/22 12:55 PM, Daniel Ruoso wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 20, 2022, 12:49 Peter Dimov <pdimov_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>
> In either case, the "proper way" to make things is with a Build
> System.
>

> It sounds to me there's an opportunity for someone to create this "one
> line build system for trivial projects". It seems like it will be very
> popular.

The difficulty with that is the large and diverse set of toolchains in
existence. Doing this requires knowledge of individual toolchains.

If implementors would like to get behind a universal-c++(-and-c)-driver
effort and contribute changes needed for their implementations, then
perhaps something like this could be possible.

Tom.