Re: [isocpp-ext] Can we expect that all C++ source files can have the same suffix?

From: Boris Kolpackov <boris_at_[hidden]>
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2022 15:09:35 +0200
Ben Boeckel via Ext <ext_at_[hidden]> writes:

> Need? No. Even with different suffixes, a scanner is still necessary to
> know what order files need to be compiled in.

A (pre-)scanner is not the only way to do it. Another approach is a
module mapper (implemented in GCC, being implemented in Clang, used
in build2).

With the mapper approach you don't need to pre-scan everything but
you do need to map module names to module interface files. Having
a separate extension for interface files helps narrow down the
candidate pool.