Re: Exploring another alternative for Distributing C++ Module Libraries

From: Steve Downey <sdowney_at_[hidden]>
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2022 19:35:54 -0500
Build systems like cmake try to mimic the search ordering for libraries and
replace the search path -L -l pair with something like -l/usr/lib/libfoo.a,
which is entirely equivalent. Linker search path resolution on posix-ish
systems is well standardized, more so than compiler header searches,
because the linker in the common case comes from the OS vendor, not the
compiler toolchain vendor. Replication is easier than with compilers with
the various combinations of flags to push directories into various places
in the search list and the various ways of spelling the file to include
with "" or <> and relative, absolute, or unqualified header names.