Re: Meeting on February 4th at 9AM Pacific

From: William Linkmeyer <wlink10_at_[hidden]>
Date: Sun, 6 Feb 2022 16:31:12 -0500
See clang’s model here:

https://clang.llvm.org/docs/Modules.html#module-map-language

It seems simple and appropriate. The idea of using using modulemap files, which are found beside their accompanying header files, works and is neatly simple. In other words, can we propose to standardize something very similar to clang’s method of finding module and consuming modules? It is lost on me what the benefit of a BMI is, especially if it will eventually be superseded by packages in c++.

Is there anything amiss with how clang is handling modules?

WL