Re: [SG15] RFC: Requirements to consume a prebuilt library from arbitrary build systems

From: Daniel Ruoso <daniel_at_[hidden]>
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2021 18:10:46 -0400
Thanks to everyone that contributed to this thread so far. This has been
very helpful.

I think we still have some more "divergent thinking" to do before we can
start converging on where we actually want to get to. So I decided to write
a little "brain dump" of everything that we talked about here (as well as
some other input I got in person at cppcon). This is in no way intended to
be a proposal, I'm just trying to organize all the different points into
some coherent form, so we can validate that we documented everything we
need to know.

Please consider taking a look at
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Oy6cooJdYVFF_sVPx8IFRlARjkzyMuW4GWWEIgUUZRs/edit?usp=sharing
and leaving comments or edits on the document. Note that at this point
we're not trying to say if a requirement is important to every use case or
not. We're just trying to map if there is any "theme" that we are missing,
or if there are themes that need to be broken down into separate concerns,
or maybe some aspect on that theme that is missing or is redundant with
other themes.