Re: [SG15] Paper for Saturday CppCon Tooling meeting: remove.dots.in.module.names

From: Rene Rivera <grafikrobot_at_[hidden]>
Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2019 14:28:43 -0600
On Fri, Sep 20, 2019 at 12:26 AM Michael Spencer via SG15 <
sg15_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> At the request of the Tooling subgroup chair, I've attached D1873r0.0
> (remove.dots.in.module.names). I'd like to discuss the Tooling relevant
> parts of it on Saturday.
>
> I would like to restrict this discussion to how tooling is intending to
> make use of `.` in module names (section 2 of the paper), as the rest of
> the paper is outside the scope of the Tooling subgroup and this is a very
> late paper.

Excuse the non-threaded response, but I have a "general" questions... For
the proponents of keeping "." in the module name: Why is "." special? Are
the reasons for keeping "." also applicable to allowing other characters?
Would it be reasonable to add say the following set of characters to be
allowed in module names: "," (comma), "-", "|", "=", "[", "]", "*", "&",

--
-- Rene Rivera
-- Grafik - Don't Assume Anything