Re: [SG15] D1864: Defining Target Tuplets

From: Tom Honermann <tom_at_[hidden]>
Date: Mon, 9 Sep 2019 11:08:04 -0400
I think this is a useful endeavor and I agree with the direction.

My only question is why there is a specification for the encoding of the
target tuplet at all. I would expect that we instead specify the
allowable characters, perhaps deferring to Unicode UAX#31
(https://www.unicode.org/reports/tr31/tr31-31.html). Assuming that the
basic source character set doesn't suffice for this. The target tuplet
appears on command lines and we don't control that environment.

Tom.