Subject: Re: [SG15] D1864: Defining Target Tuplets
From: Tom Honermann (tom_at_[hidden])
Date: 2019-09-09 10:08:04

I think this is a useful endeavor and I agree with the direction.

My only question is why there is a specification for the encoding of the
target tuplet at all.  I would expect that we instead specify the
allowable characters, perhaps deferring to Unicode UAX#31
(https://www.unicode.org/reports/tr31/tr31-31.html).  Assuming that the
basic source character set doesn't suffice for this.  The target tuplet
appears on command lines and we don't control that environment.

Tom.

SG15 list run by herb.sutter at gmail.com

Older archives