Re: [SG15] Proposed full-day SG15 meeting at CppCon 2019 (Colorado, USA, September 2019)

From: Rene Rivera <grafikrobot_at_[hidden]>
Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2019 09:48:27 -0500
On Fri, Jul 26, 2019 at 7:19 PM Bryce Adelstein Lelbach aka wash via SG15 <
sg15_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> We are planning to hold a full-day meeting of SG15 to progress work on
> the C++ Modules Ecosystem Technical Report at CppCon 2019. CppCon is
> held in Denver, Colorado, USA, from September 15th to September 20th
> 2019. The meeting will be held either on the weekend before CppCon,
> during CppCon, or the weekend after CppCon.
>
> I'd like everyone active in SG15 to fill out the following survey
> regarding the proposed meeting, even if you cannot attend it:
>
> https://forms.gle/yVqoPBosg7aKN8o26

I filled out for the Sunday before and Saturday after.. But I thought I'd
comment on it also. I'm already mostly missing a full day during the
conference to the SG14 meeting. So there's no way I'm going to miss another
day during the conference and throw away another chunk of money and
learning time. I booked everything a long time ago. So doing an extra day
before or after means making flight and hotel changes (assuming it's even
possible). Both of which mean spending more money. But that fine I have the
money and the time on those days. Just pointing out the logistical
challenges involved for context ;-)

--
-- Rene Rivera
-- Grafik - Don't Assume Anything