[SG15] Outcome of discussions of P1634, P1484, and P1302 in SG15 today

From: Bryce Adelstein Lelbach aka wash <brycelelbach_at_[hidden]>
Date: Sat, 20 Jul 2019 00:13:54 +0200
I have reviewed the (many) polls that we took in SG15 today regarding
conventions for module naming, lookup, and project structure (P1634
and P1484):

http://wiki.edg.com/bin/view/Wg21cologne2019/ModuleNaming

Here's the distilled outcome:

CONSENSUS: In the C++ Modules Ecosystem Technical Report, recommend
module naming conventions, but not project structure, file naming
conventions, or namespace naming conventions.

It is interesting to consider this in combination with the outcome we
reached after discussing P1302:

http://wiki.edg.com/bin/view/Wg21cologne2019/P1302

CONSENSUS: In the C++ Modules Ecosystem Technical Report, we want
recommendations for implicit builds of modules which do not prescribe
a particular project layout or file naming scheme.

The second conclusion suggest to me that we want more field experience
with fast dependency scanning technology, as this can be used to do
implicit builds of modules without prescribing a particular file
layout or file naming scheme.

--
Bryce Adelstein Lelbach aka wash
CUDA Core C++ Libraries Lead @ NVIDIA