Re: [Tooling] Modules feedback

From: Ben Boeckel <ben.boeckel_at_[hidden]>
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2019 15:40:57 -0500
On Tue, Feb 12, 2019 at 12:02:53 -0800, JF Bastien wrote:
> Can you elaborate on how modules are useless. You seem to say that a
> codebase can't use TS modules if any of its dependencies (including
> internal to that project!) aren't also modularized. I don't understand why
> that would be the case.

No. It's that a project would not be able to be *only* module based if
it is not intended to be embedded directly into consuming project
builds. If libX stops using headers and only provides a module
interface, what is libX supposed to install to allow consumers of libX
to know what symbols are available?

--Ben