Re: [Tooling] Modules feedback

From: Gabriel Dos Reis <gdr_at_[hidden]>
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2019 20:26:37 +0000

Agreed.
Also agree that is not the expected scenario.
I do expect build artefacts such as module metadata (generated during the build) to be installed alongside the source file of the module interface units (that would be the equivalent of headers).

| Which is not how C++ works today
| in the realm of FOSS. And it is best if that format is compatible
| between otherwise-compatible compilers too.

Again, agree. I just wanted to distinguish a format for distributing C++ from what is needed for modules, as "distribution" tends to activate lot of assumptions and expectations from various people.

-- Gaby