Re: [Tooling] SG15 Why do we need module name to file name mapping

From: Corentin <corentin.jabot_at_[hidden]>
Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2019 02:59:46 +0100
We don't need it and a lot of us believe we need to not have it.
The price for this level of indirection, as you say is quite high on
tooling. the benefits un-existant.

The evolution working group and the authors of the module proposal seem
afraid to over specify - while SG-15 thinks
leaving things as they are will lead for decades of pain. At least, I
certainly think so.

We have a lot of experience in other languages for deterministic and
direct name -> file mapping, very little for having the module name solely
in the source.

As for name collision... It's not a problem. It would even be a good thing
to make sure not to have duplicated file names:
Module identifier needs to be unique in a program, so asking the same of
files is reasonable.