[Tooling] SG15 Why do we need module name to file name mapping

From: Scott Wardle <swardle_at_[hidden]>
Date: Sun, 3 Feb 2019 17:20:07 -0800
Hi all,

I have been looking for some information why do we need a level of indirection from module name to module interface file name. Why are modules names need a different system then header names.

I have hear that Microsoft was having some problems with name collision. Is there more concrete information about the problem that Microsoft or other companies were having?

If you have a name collision today with headers we would just make another library that wraps one of the two colliding headers. I name the public header of this new library something different and problem solved.

So I don’t understand why are we paying for this level of indirection but I probably just don’t understand the problem.

Scott