Re: [Tooling] Modules

From: Ville Voutilainen <ville.voutilainen_at_[hidden]>
Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2019 17:55:39 +0200
On Fri, 1 Feb 2019 at 17:47, Ben Craig <ben.craig_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> ** This isn’t 100% true, as generated headers from tools like SWIG, protobufs, thrift, and I think some QT things

For Qt, it's signals and slots, Q_INVOKABLEs, properties, and a bunch
of other stuff. Compiling this stuff indeed introduces
an ordering dependency, this stuff needs to be generated before
compiling .cpp files, for the generated headers. The generated
code is of course a tad more liberal in its order requirements, but
needs to be compiled before the link phase, so that's another
order dependency, and various BMIs might end up being in play at
various stages of all of this.