Re: [Tooling] [ Modules and Tools ] Tracking Random Dependency Information

From: Boris Kolpackov <boris_at_[hidden]>
Date: Sun, 2 Dec 2018 17:03:03 +0200
JeanHeyd Meneide <phdofthehouse_at_[hidden]> writes:

> This paper is supposed to allow folks the ability to say "some
> resource out there should trigger a re-compile of this file / module if it
> ever changes".
>
> Any thoughts?

The immediate problem is with the interpretation of the "resource
string": the build system should be able to resolve it to the same
thing as the facility (e.g., std::embed) that it is used with. As
it is now, there is neither an indication of what facility each
string is for nor any specification of the resolution mechanism.
I believe you will need to add at least one of these to make this
usable.