[Tooling] std::compile

From: Rene Rivera <grafikrobot_at_[hidden]>
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2018 09:05:53 -0500
This is the second of two papers I would like SG15 to consider for the next
meeting.

<https://rawgit.com/bfgroup/std_cpp/master/doc/std_compile_Dxxxx_R0.html>

This paper is a concrete proposal for one aspect of the Package Ecosystem
Plan. It proposes to add an interface for transforming C++ source into
usable executable programs. As such it aims to provide a common definition
of compiler frontend tool options for transforming source code to
translation units and linking those into executable programs.

There is also a sample vendor specification to go along with it:

<
https://rawgit.com/bfgroup/std_cpp/master/doc/std_compile_vendor_gcc_SDxx.html

There is a growing implementation (it grows as I add options to the paper)
here:

<https://github.com/bfgroup/std_cpp>

I am looking for feedback, and collaboration, to hone the paper and
implementation ahead of the meeting.

Note: I was hoping to post this with an actual paper number. But Hal hasn't
been responding to emails this past week.

--
-- Rene Rivera
-- Grafik - Don't Assume Anything