[Tooling] [ std::embed ] Getting Data into C++ at Build Time

From: ThePhD <phdofthehouse_at_[hidden]>
Date: Fri, 11 May 2018 17:47:13 -0600
Dear SG15,

     Titus Winters at C++Now invited people to join the SG15 mailing list
(which I didn't actually know existed!) and share their ideas. I wrote a
paper about getting resource data from files into C++ in a cross-platform,
compile-time way, under the name "std::embed" --
http://www.open-std.org/jtc1/sc22/wg21/docs/papers/2018/p1040r0.html.

     I expect the paper to be changed quite a bit as I go to my first C++
Meeting in Rapperswil, but before I do I would like to submit the paper
here. It seems like something that would be of benefit to this Study Group,
as it can replace many build steps currently used today to handle the same
sort of issue.

     If anyone could give me feedback about the paper, what it might meant
to them, or if it even is something that truly concerns Tooling, I would
greatly appreciate it!