Re: [Tooling] Tooling experience? (was Re: Proposed mission)

From: Boris Kolpackov <boris_at_[hidden]>
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2018 18:20:47 +0200
Manuel Klimek <klimek_at_[hidden]> writes:

> > An even bigger departure, IMO, is having a preprocessor directive (import)
> > not starting with '#'.
> >

> I'm confused. Import is not a preprocessor directive?

What I mean is in the Atom proposal import affects the preprocessor
state (via exported macros). Up until now the only way to do that
was via the preprocessor directives (#define, #include, etc) that
all start with '#' (and are called "preprocessor directives", not
"language declarations"). It is not clear to me why import isn't
following suit.

Boris