C++ Logo

SG14

Advanced search

Subject: Re: May 13 SG14 monthly call agenda
From: Michael Wong (fraggamuffin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2020-05-13 13:00:26


Fixed UTC

On Wed, May 13, 2020 at 1:59 PM Michael Wong <fraggamuffin_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> Updated agenda:
>
> Topic: SG14 Low Latency Monthly. Hi all, I have turned on high security
> for
> this call in light of recent events.
>
> Hi,
>
> Michael Wong is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.
>
> Topic: SG14 monthly Apr 2020-Oct 2020
> Time: Apr 8, 2020 02:00 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada) 18:00 UTC
>
> Time: May 13, 2020 02:00 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada) 18:00 UTC
>
> Time: June 10, 2020 02:00 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada) 18:00 UTC
>
> Time: Jul 8, 2020 02:00 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada) 18:00 UTC
>
> Time: Aug 12, 2020 02:00 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada) 18:00 UTC
>
> Time: Sep 9, 2020 02:00 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada) 18:00 UTC
>
> Time: Oct 14, 2020 02:00 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada) 18:00 UTC
>
> Join from PC, Mac, Linux, iOS or Android:
> https://iso.zoom.us/j/819108882?pwd=L0pPZm5QRWlTYXdJditvU1JLdjFYUT09
> Password: 013549
>
> Or iPhone one-tap :
> US: +13462487799,,819108882# or +14086380968,,819108882#
> Or Telephone:
> Dial(for higher quality, dial a number based on your current
> location):
> US: +1 346 248 7799 or +1 408 638 0968 or +1 646 876 9923 or +1
> 669 900 6833 or +1 253 215 8782 or +1 301 715 8592 or +1 312 626 6799
> or 877 853 5247 (Toll Free)
> Meeting ID: 819 108 882
> Password: 013549
> International numbers available: https://iso.zoom.us/u/abhaIjFKLZ
>
> Or Skype for Business (Lync):
> https://iso.zoom.us/skype/819108882
>
> Agenda:
>
> 1. Opening and introductions
>
> 1.1 Roll call of participants
>
> 1.2 Adopt agenda
>
> 1.3 Approve minutes from previous meeting, and approve publishing
> previously approved minutes to ISOCPP.org
>
> 1.4 Action items from previous meetings
>
> 2. Main issues (125 min)
>
> 2.1 General logistics
>
> Discuss inverted meeting for June
>
> Mailing deadline is monthly on 15th
>
> All meetings going online.
>
> 2.2 Paper reviews
>
> P2057r0
> <http://www.open-std.org/jtc1/sc22/wg21/docs/papers/2020/p2057r0.pdf>
> SG14
> SG19 Past, Present and Future status Michael Wong Michael Wong et al.
>
> D2057R1:
>
>
> https://docs.google.com/document/d/1LmBo46a7meB-QH-ZxLbxQMinAaJMvKOjR4gssuaEL18/edit#
>
> Herb's Assumptions paper:
>
> http://www.open-std.org/jtc1/sc22/wg21/docs/papers/2020/p2064r0.pdf
>
> 2.2.1 any other proposal for reviews?
>
> Discuss future direction of detreministic C++ exception group :
>
> Low-cost Deterministic C++ Exceptions for Embedded Systems
> <
> https://www.research.ed.ac.uk/portal/files/78829292/low_cost_deterministic_C_exceptions_for_embedded_systems.pdf>
>
> Low-cost
> Deterministic C++ Exceptions for Embedded Systems James Renwick James
> Renwick et al.
>
> 2.3 Domain-specific discussions
>
> 2.3.1 SIG chairs
>
> - Embedded Programming chairs: Ben Craig, Wouter van Ooijen and Odin
> Holmes, John McFarlane
> <
>
> http://wiki.edg.com/bin/edit/Wg21belfast/McFarlane?topicparent=Wg21belfast.SG14CPPCON2019-09-17;nowysiwyg=1>
>
>
> - Financial/Trading chairs: Stephan TJ, Carl Cooke, Neal Horlock,
> Mateusz Pusz, Clay Trychta,
> - Games chairs: Rene Riviera, Guy Davidson and Paul Hampson
> - Linear Algebra chairs: Bob Steagall, Mark Hoemmen, Guy Davidson
>
> 2.4 Other Papers and proposals
>
> 2.5 Future F2F meetings:
>
> 2.6 future C++ Standard meetings:
> https://isocpp.org/std/meetings-and-participation/upcoming-meetings
>
> - 2020-11: (New York, tentative)
> - 2021-02-22 to 27: Kona, HI, USA
>
> 3. Any other business
> Reflector
> https://lists.isocpp.org/mailman/listinfo.cgi/sg14
> As well as look through papers marked "SG14" in recent standards committee
> paper mailings:
> http://open-std.org/jtc1/sc22/wg21/docs/papers/2015/
> http://open-std.org/jtc1/sc22/wg21/docs/papers/2016/
>
> Code and proposal Staging area
> https://github.com/WG21-SG14/SG14
> 4. Review
>
> 4.1 Review and approve resolutions and issues [e.g., changes to SG's
> working draft]
>
> 4.2 Review action items (5 min)
>
> 5. Closing process
>
> 5.1 Establish next agenda
>
> 5.2 Future meeting
>
> Time: June 10, 2020 02:00 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada)
>
> Time: Jul 8, 2020 02:00 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada)
>
> Time: Aug 12, 2020 02:00 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada)
>
> Time: Sep 9, 2020 02:00 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada)
>
> Time: Oct 14, 2020 02:00 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada)
>
> On Wed, May 13, 2020 at 1:51 PM Michael Wong <fraggamuffin_at_[hidden]>
> wrote:
>
>> I'm interested. Thanks John, we are light on agenda this month so I am
>> adding this to the discussion. Thanks.
>>
>> On Wed, May 13, 2020 at 1:46 PM John McFarlane <john_at_[hidden]>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> It's a little late -- both for this meeting and -- because it came out
>>> two mailings ago but is anyone interested in a brief discussion of Herb's
>>> P2064R0
>>> <http://www.open-std.org/jtc1/sc22/wg21/docs/papers/2020/p2064r0.pdf> Assumptions?
>>> More generally, does anyone on SG14 think that contracts are a topic of
>>> interest for our domains?
>>> John
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> On Wed, 13 May 2020 at 18:17, Michael Wong via SG14 <
>>> sg14_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>>>
>>>> Good point. I will in future. This should be 1800 UTC. Thanks.
>>>>
>>>> On Wed, May 13, 2020 at 12:54 PM Guy Cpp via SG14 <
>>>> sg14_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>>>>
>>>>> Small nit: would it be possible to list times in UTC rather than
>>>>> locally adjusted times? I have a calendar appointment that says 18:00 BST
>>>>> but I'm pretty sure it's 19:00 BST, ET+5. UTC would clear this all up (I
>>>>> assume it's an old recurring calendar appointment).
>>>>>
>>>>> See you at... 19:00? 18:00 UTC?
>>>>>
>>>>> Cheers,
>>>>> G
>>>>>
>>>>> On Wed, 13 May 2020 at 14:55, Michael Wong via SG14 <
>>>>> sg14_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>>>>>
>>>>>> Topic: SG14 Low Latency Monthly. Hi all, I have turned on high
>>>>>> security for
>>>>>> this call in light of recent events.
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Hi,
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Michael Wong is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Topic: SG14 monthly Apr 2020-Oct 2020
>>>>>> Time: Apr 8, 2020 02:00 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada)
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Time: May 13, 2020 02:00 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada)
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Time: June 10, 2020 02:00 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada)
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Time: Jul 8, 2020 02:00 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada)
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Time: Aug 12, 2020 02:00 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada)
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Time: Sep 9, 2020 02:00 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada)
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Time: Oct 14, 2020 02:00 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada)
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Join from PC, Mac, Linux, iOS or Android:
>>>>>> https://iso.zoom.us/j/819108882?pwd=L0pPZm5QRWlTYXdJditvU1JLdjFYUT09
>>>>>> Password: 013549
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Or iPhone one-tap :
>>>>>> US: +13462487799,,819108882# or +14086380968,,819108882#
>>>>>> Or Telephone:
>>>>>> Dial(for higher quality, dial a number based on your current
>>>>>> location):
>>>>>> US: +1 346 248 7799 or +1 408 638 0968 or +1 646 876 9923 or
>>>>>> +1
>>>>>> 669 900 6833 or +1 253 215 8782 or +1 301 715 8592 or +1 312 626 6799
>>>>>> or 877 853 5247 (Toll Free)
>>>>>> Meeting ID: 819 108 882
>>>>>> Password: 013549
>>>>>> International numbers available: https://iso.zoom.us/u/abhaIjFKLZ
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Or Skype for Business (Lync):
>>>>>> https://iso.zoom.us/skype/819108882
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Agenda:
>>>>>>
>>>>>> 1. Opening and introductions
>>>>>>
>>>>>> 1.1 Roll call of participants
>>>>>>
>>>>>> 1.2 Adopt agenda
>>>>>>
>>>>>> 1.3 Approve minutes from previous meeting, and approve publishing
>>>>>> previously approved minutes to ISOCPP.org
>>>>>>
>>>>>> 1.4 Action items from previous meetings
>>>>>>
>>>>>> 2. Main issues (125 min)
>>>>>>
>>>>>> 2.1 General logistics
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Discuss inverted meeting for June
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Mailing deadline is monthly on 15th
>>>>>>
>>>>>> All meetings going online.
>>>>>>
>>>>>> 2.2 Paper reviews
>>>>>>
>>>>>> P2057r0
>>>>>> <http://www.open-std.org/jtc1/sc22/wg21/docs/papers/2020/p2057r0.pdf>
>>>>>> SG14
>>>>>> SG19 Past, Present and Future status Michael Wong Michael Wong et al.
>>>>>>
>>>>>> 2.2.1 any other proposal for reviews?
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Discuss future direction of detreministic C++ exception group :
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Low-cost Deterministic C++ Exceptions for Embedded Systems
>>>>>> <
>>>>>> https://www.research.ed.ac.uk/portal/files/78829292/low_cost_deterministic_C_exceptions_for_embedded_systems.pdf>
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Low-cost
>>>>>> Deterministic C++ Exceptions for Embedded Systems James Renwick James
>>>>>> Renwick et al.
>>>>>>
>>>>>> 2.3 Domain-specific discussions
>>>>>>
>>>>>> 2.3.1 SIG chairs
>>>>>>
>>>>>> - Embedded Programming chairs: Ben Craig, Wouter van Ooijen and
>>>>>> Odin
>>>>>> Holmes, John McFarlane
>>>>>> <
>>>>>>
>>>>>> http://wiki.edg.com/bin/edit/Wg21belfast/McFarlane?topicparent=Wg21belfast.SG14CPPCON2019-09-17;nowysiwyg=1>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>> - Financial/Trading chairs: Stephan TJ, Carl Cooke, Neal Horlock,
>>>>>> Mateusz Pusz, Clay Trychta,
>>>>>> - Games chairs: Rene Riviera, Guy Davidson and Paul Hampson
>>>>>> - Linear Algebra chairs: Bob Steagall, Mark Hoemmen, Guy Davidson
>>>>>>
>>>>>> 2.4 Other Papers and proposals
>>>>>>
>>>>>> 2.5 Future F2F meetings:
>>>>>>
>>>>>> 2.6 future C++ Standard meetings:
>>>>>> https://isocpp.org/std/meetings-and-participation/upcoming-meetings
>>>>>>
>>>>>> - 2020-11: (New York, tentative)
>>>>>> - 2021-02-22 to 27: Kona, HI, USA
>>>>>>
>>>>>> 3. Any other business
>>>>>> Reflector
>>>>>> https://lists.isocpp.org/mailman/listinfo.cgi/sg14
>>>>>> As well as look through papers marked "SG14" in recent standards
>>>>>> committee
>>>>>> paper mailings:
>>>>>> http://open-std.org/jtc1/sc22/wg21/docs/papers/2015/
>>>>>> http://open-std.org/jtc1/sc22/wg21/docs/papers/2016/
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Code and proposal Staging area
>>>>>> https://github.com/WG21-SG14/SG14
>>>>>> 4. Review
>>>>>>
>>>>>> 4.1 Review and approve resolutions and issues [e.g., changes to SG's
>>>>>> working draft]
>>>>>>
>>>>>> 4.2 Review action items (5 min)
>>>>>>
>>>>>> 5. Closing process
>>>>>>
>>>>>> 5.1 Establish next agenda
>>>>>>
>>>>>> 5.2 Future meeting
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Time: June 10, 2020 02:00 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada)
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Time: Jul 8, 2020 02:00 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada)
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Time: Aug 12, 2020 02:00 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada)
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Time: Sep 9, 2020 02:00 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada)
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Time: Oct 14, 2020 02:00 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada)
>>>>>> _______________________________________________
>>>>>> SG14 mailing list
>>>>>> SG14_at_[hidden]
>>>>>> https://lists.isocpp.org/mailman/listinfo.cgi/sg14
>>>>>>
>>>>> _______________________________________________
>>>>> SG14 mailing list
>>>>> SG14_at_[hidden]
>>>>> https://lists.isocpp.org/mailman/listinfo.cgi/sg14
>>>>>
>>>> _______________________________________________
>>>> SG14 mailing list
>>>> SG14_at_[hidden]
>>>> https://lists.isocpp.org/mailman/listinfo.cgi/sg14
>>>>
>>>



SG14 list run by sg14-owner@lists.isocpp.org

Older Archives on Google Groups