Subject: Re: Drafts for freestanding library: rewording the status quo, and "easy" utilities
From: Ben Craig (ben.craig_at_[hidden])
Date: 2019-05-12 08:17:42

The *div functions will be in a later paper. <cstdlib> has a small number of things that are freestanding in C++17 and C++20, and those are all that got marked in the "status quo" paper. I'll have a paper that covers language.support in the future. I didn't do that paper first because I'm waiting to see how the contract violation handler types will end up.

Is the dependency on the <array> header just because of tuple_size and tuple_element? If so, then I'm not too concerned. Implementations are allowed to provide more than the bare minimum for freestanding after all. Plus, I plan on getting to <array> eventually anyway.