C++ Logo

liaison

Re: [wg14/wg21 liaison] Summertime SG22 Schedule

From: Hubert Tong <hubert.reinterpretcast_at_[hidden]>
Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2022 22:31:10 -0500
On Sun, Mar 6, 2022 at 9:19 AM Aaron Ballman via Liaison <
liaison_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> Now that we're changing to daylight savings status in various parts of
> the world, we should check to see if we have a better time to hold our
> monthly SG22 meetings. This is to determine whether we prefer the
> first or the second friday of the month, and what time slot we prefer
> meeting at. We'll repeat this cadence until daylight savings changes
> again.

Because the CWG telecons are fortnightly, there is a synchronization issue
with fixed weeks of a month. In April, August, and September the CWG
telecon occurs in the second week. In May, June, July, October, and
November, it occurs in the first week.

Unfortunately, that means a fixed first or fixed second week of the month
will be quite difficult for people who attend CWG telecons.