C++ Logo

liaison

Re: [wg14/wg21 liaison] Summertime SG22 Schedule

From: Aaron Ballman <aaron_at_[hidden]>
Date: Wed, 9 Mar 2022 08:33:17 -0500
On Tue, Mar 8, 2022 at 10:31 PM Hubert Tong via Liaison
<liaison_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> On Sun, Mar 6, 2022 at 9:19 AM Aaron Ballman via Liaison <liaison_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>>
>> Now that we're changing to daylight savings status in various parts of
>> the world, we should check to see if we have a better time to hold our
>> monthly SG22 meetings. This is to determine whether we prefer the
>> first or the second friday of the month, and what time slot we prefer
>> meeting at. We'll repeat this cadence until daylight savings changes
>> again.
>

> Because the CWG telecons are fortnightly, there is a synchronization issue with fixed weeks of a month. In April, August, and September the CWG telecon occurs in the second week. In May, June, July, October, and November, it occurs in the first week.
>
> Unfortunately, that means a fixed first or fixed second week of the month will be quite difficult for people who attend CWG telecons.

Yes, I realized that after the fact. I'll be keeping that in mind when
I interpret the results of the Doodle poll (if there's a tie between
options, I'll be picking the one that looks to conflict with the least
amount of stuff our regular SG22 attendees might otherwise want to
attend).

~Aaron