Re: C++ Banking and Financial Systems Subcommittee

From: Jens Maurer <jens.maurer_at_[hidden]>
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2024 20:23:55 +0100
On 15/02/2024 18.30, Robin Rowe via SG14 wrote:
> > In case you're referring to my comment: I'm not objecting to 5
> > minutes, I'm objecting to....
>
> Jens,
>
> You're right, I did misunderstood you. However, still a good point. I
> should be planning subcommittee admin matters on the list for
> transparency and efficiency, instead of asking Michael 1:1 by email.
>
> Preparing for our April 10th Zoom call:
>
> *When I get the pending papers list spreadsheet from Michael, I'll
> review each and determine their status
> *To get the word out, let everyone know this subcommittee exists, I
> asked my colleague who is the banking sales director at AWS to inform
> his clients, who are tech VPs at major banks
> *I contacted the CTO at Capgemini asking him to do the same
> *I asked Bjarne who to reach out to at Morgan Stanley, and he gave me a
> contact
> *I'll write a proposal for class Money, that I have already implemented
> in code and posted on gitlab
> *As a member of the ISO C Language Committee, I am drafting proposals
> there for improvements to C that could migrate to C++

Before you invite too many people, maybe agreeing on a list of matters
of interest would be good. WG21 operates based on papers, and nothing
essentially happens unless there's a paper making specific suggestions
that can be approved (or rejected).

> What else can I prepare for our April 10th zoom call?

Note that SG14 is a subgroup of WG21, and attendance is restricted to
members of National Bodies. You can't just invite anyone to such
a meeting.
> What do I prepare for Tokyo? Should I ask to hold an in-person
> subcommittee meeting there?

In general, SG14 participation was best in telecons, and I don't
remember there being an SG14 in-person meeting in the past years.

If you do wish to have an in-person meeting, feel free to register
your interest here:

https://wiki.edg.com/bin/view/Wg21tokyo2024/MeetingRooms

Jens