C++ Banking and Financial Systems Subcommittee

From: Robin Rowe <robin.rowe_at_[hidden]>
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2024 09:30:55 -0800
> In case you're referring to my comment: I'm not objecting to 5
> minutes, I'm objecting to....

Jens,

You're right, I did misunderstood you. However, still a good point. I
should be planning subcommittee admin matters on the list for
transparency and efficiency, instead of asking Michael 1:1 by email.

Preparing for our April 10th Zoom call:

*When I get the pending papers list spreadsheet from Michael, I'll
review each and determine their status
*To get the word out, let everyone know this subcommittee exists, I
asked my colleague who is the banking sales director at AWS to inform
his clients, who are tech VPs at major banks
*I contacted the CTO at Capgemini asking him to do the same
*I asked Bjarne who to reach out to at Morgan Stanley, and he gave me a
contact
*I'll write a proposal for class Money, that I have already implemented
in code and posted on gitlab
*As a member of the ISO C Language Committee, I am drafting proposals
there for improvements to C that could migrate to C++

What else can I prepare for our April 10th zoom call?

Upcoming WG21 meetings:

*2024-03-18 to 23: Tokyo, Japan; Woven by Toyota
*2024-06-24 to 29: St. Louis, MO, USA; Bill Seymour
*2024-10-18 to 23: Wrocław, Poland; Nokia
*2025-02-10 to 15: Hagenberg, Austria; University of Applied Sciences
*2025 Jun: Sofia, Bulgaria; Chaos Group
*2025-11-03 to 08: Kona, HI, USA; Standard C++ Foundation

Deadline to submit papers is one month before meetings. Today is the
deadline for Tokyo.

What do I prepare for Tokyo? Should I ask to hold an in-person
subcommittee meeting there?

Robin Rowe
*Chairman ISO WG21 SG14 C++ Banking and Financial Systems Subcommittee