Re: [std-proposals] Floating an idea: int main(std::span<std::string_view> args)

From: Tiago Freire <tmiguelf_at_[hidden]>
Date: Sat, 7 Sep 2024 16:49:47 +0000
argc arv is not the only pattern of arguments to a "main like" function, it's also possible to have an additional envp.
On windows it's better to use wchar_t instead of char in order to cause less issues; but it's also possible to use WinMain instead and this is preferred for native apps, and it doesn't have an argument list; if you are writing a service the required entry point is again something else different.

As far as the way I use them, entry points are platform/application specific, and there's no point in standardizing it.
You can very easily write a wrapper yourself that gives you this behavior if that's what you want.
I personally would never use it in this way anyway.

that's my 2c