Re: [std-proposals] Function overload set type information loss

From: Marcin Jaczewski <marcinjaczewski86_at_[hidden]>
Date: Thu, 1 Aug 2024 12:08:58 +0200
czw., 1 sie 2024 o 11:40 organicoman via Std-Proposals
<std-proposals_at_[hidden]> napisaƂ(a):

>> We are always coming back to the same things, and there's no progress being done.
>
> Yes indeed,
> Everyone is asking me about my understanding of the language, and no is asking about his understanding of the proposal.

I have good analogy, we have patient with heart disease, and some guy
come out and volunteered to make heart transplantation
that will cure this patient, it's natural to ask him if he knows
detailed human anatomy and has long expreciene with complex
operations before we even allow him to close the operation table.
Even more, is this transplantation even the correct way to cure this
person? Could applying some drugs would heal this patient?

>> Here's the thing, I don't think this would work, I have no idea on how to make this work. And I'm not the only one sharing this opinion.
>
> That's why i came here to discuss,
> I thought we will behave like a community and try to understand each other and help the proposal until we hit a wall or make it through.
> Unfortunately it is not the case.

Hard to accept diffrent outcome if you not answer hard questions
people ask you here and only avoid them or make surface level answers.

Besides, you claim your proposal is "mathematical" but first thing you
do is discard all precise definitions used by C++ standard,
this is not how mathematics works or even how it should work.