Re: [std-proposals] On the standardization of mp-units P3045R1

From: Mateusz Pusz <mateusz.pusz_at_[hidden]>
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2024 16:09:21 +0200
Probably we would need a new topic for this discussion.

In mp-units V1, we forced everyone to use strong radians, and the angle was
a base dimension. This was inconsistent with the current state of the
physical and metrology standards. We can still go this way, but I do not
think it is the best idea. ISO C++ standard should follow ISO 80000 and SI
definitions by default.

However, we do provide a strong angular system and extensions to ISQ that
make our calculation non-safe. This is, however, non-standard and
experimental. More info can be found here:
https://mpusz.github.io/mp-units/latest/users_guide/systems/strong_angular_system/
.

Best

Mat