Re: [std-proposals] std::elide

From: Frederick Virchanza Gotham <cauldwell.thomas_at_[hidden]>
Date: Sat, 9 Mar 2024 22:48:00 +0000
On Sat, Mar 9, 2024 at 10:14 PM Jens Maurer <jens.maurer_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> Also, I don't understand how template argument deduction should
> work for the AwkwardClass constructor shown in the paper.
> What's the value of the Args... template parameter type, and
> how do the rules achieve that result?

I torture-test it in the following GodBolt:

    https://godbolt.org/z/WY95K8G61

If you look at Line #105, you'll see it starts with the word
"requires". Comment out that line and you'll see that the program
prints a different output. Essentially the core language change will
make it as though that 'requires' clause is implicitly present on
every template constructor.