Re: [std-proposals] High Performance Thread-Safe C++ Containers

From: Frederick Virchanza Gotham <cauldwell.thomas_at_[hidden]>
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2024 07:00:31 +0000
On Thu, Feb 22, 2024 at 5:49 AM Phil Bouchard wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> I wrote the aforementioned for my employer a while ago and the containers
> were heavily tested on a multicore node.
>
> The headers are very generic, efficient and compact. For the sake of not
> reinventing the wheel I was considering purchasing my own code and making
> it Open Source.
>
> If I do so is that something the ISO committee would be interested to
> integrate into the standards?

Without knowing how the containers are implemented and without seeing the
performance statistics, I don't know how anyone could answer that question.

When it comes to containers though, I'd probably see about getting it into
Boost first. Lots of stuff started out in Boost and made its way into the
Standard.

I have used the "lockfree single producer single consumer" container in
Boost a few times . . . you'd be doing well to get performance that good.

Also I'd test out your containers against std::synchronized_value<
std::vector > to see if it's any faster.