Re: [std-proposals] Fw: Supporting f-strings in C++: draft-R1

From: Jason McKesson <jmckesson_at_[hidden]>
Date: Sun, 15 Oct 2023 14:20:30 -0400
On Sun, Oct 15, 2023 at 12:56 PM ejuwte nelvlsk via Std-Proposals
<std-proposals_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> People like me still do not get the zealotry in WG21 to advocate format string instead of adding interpolated string literal. Yeah
>
> I have said for many years std::format and format string in general are historical mistakes. Thread like this proves my point.

No, it does not. It proves absolutely nothing with regard to your
point. Nothing you have cited as "evidence" that these tools are
mistakes has been discussed in this thread. Nobody has complained
about `format` being slow. Nobody has complained about `format` having
security flaws. Etc.

No, you have simply injected your values into a discussion that
ultimately had nothing to do with anything you wanted.