Re: [std-proposals] PR: std::allocator<T>::allocate is not freestanding

From: Thiago Macieira <thiago_at_[hidden]>
Date: Mon, 04 Sep 2023 10:54:29 -0700
On Monday, 4 September 2023 09:41:32 PDT coshvji cujmlqef wrote:
> I recommend reviewing the PowerPoint presentation I've prepared. I believe
> it comprehensively addresses all of your concerns with detailed
> explanations.
>
> https://1drv.ms/p/s!AgsVm_GZIWH7i6YllJed9W9BZ-xfWg?e=qlI7To

It does not *address* the concerns.

It's a laundry list of things you've disliked. But it's missing all of the
analysis. All its claims are unproven -- to the extent that I know them to be
valid or agree with, it's because I have prior knowledge of the subject to
inform me. Everywhere else, my prior knowledge either leads me to disagree
with you or lack of knowledge leaves me unconvinced.

And obviously, where we disagree, I must be right, because I know the details
of what I know, and you didn't back up your claims with analyses.

That said, I do commend you on having working code. Looking forward to seeing
papers suggesting standardising it, piece by piece.