Re: [std-proposals] "shared libraries are outside the scope of the C++ standard"

From: Thiago Macieira <thiago_at_[hidden]>
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2023 08:09:52 -0700
On Tuesday, 18 July 2023 01:37:09 PDT Timur Doumler wrote:
> That's a good question, but it is the responsibility of Windows & the
> Microsoft compiler and toolchain to figure out whether it's possible and
> how that would work — not the responsibility of the Standard.

Yes and no. It's the responsibility of the people writing this portion of the
standard to understand if one of their design goals is unimplementable in one
of the three major compilers. But in "people" I include Microsoft engineers,
who should be providing this level of feedback to the study group and
committee teams.

If you're designing a dead-on-arrival feature, you should be aware of it.