Re: [std-proposals] Proposal for 'std::fiber<T>' Language-level Extension in C++23

From: Thiago Macieira <thiago_at_[hidden]>
Date: Fri, 07 Jul 2023 16:58:54 -0700
On Friday, 7 July 2023 10:59:09 PDT Jason McKesson via Std-Proposals wrote:
> Given the correct input data, calculators always produce the correct
> answers. ChatGPT and other LLMs don't. You would be rightly admonished
> for using a *broken* calculator.
>
> Also, Einstein wasn't smart because he could do lots of math in his head.

And have you ever tried to make a suggestion to a scientist in their area of
expertise? They'll usually tell you to come back after you've got a PhD in
that field.

The problem is not the kid with a calculator trying to do simple math (or
spell a slang for breasts upside down), but a kid with a calculator trying to
suggest to Einstein how to solve a tensor matrix equation, like his Field
Equations, without knowing the first thing about matrix, tensors, or
differential equations (no, the Einstein Field Equations are not E=mc˛).

I'm not saying the OP knows nothing about threads, RCU, copy-on-write, or
whatever. I simply don't know, because there's no evidence one way or another.
Therefore, the "kid with a calculator and Einstein" is a bad analogy -- at
least, I hope it is, because it if it were a good one, we'd conclude that the
OP has no clue about the topics he's posting about!

The fact is that the posted text indicates a very complex idea and there's no
way the committee is going to spend any time on it without proof that it's
worth their time. The time required to investigate and analyse a topic is
proportional to its complexity... and possibly not *linearly* proportional.