Re: [std-proposals] Fwd: set_new_handler extension

From: Tom Honermann <tom_at_[hidden]>
Date: Fri, 7 Apr 2023 12:57:05 -0400
On 4/7/23 8:21 AM, Phil Bouchard via Std-Proposals wrote:

> On 4/7/23 05:02, Jonathan Wakely wrote:
>>

>> On Fri, 7 Apr 2023, 05:15 Phil Bouchard via Std-Proposals,
>> <std-proposals_at_[hidden]
>> <mailto:std-proposals_at_[hidden]>> wrote:
>>

>> On 4/2/23 11:20, Tony V E via Std-Proposals wrote:
>> > Have you posted the latest version of your example code
>> somewhere?
>>
>> It turns out there were issues in my own code,
>>
>> Inconceivable!
>>

>> not detected by Windows
>> and corrupting the memory which would then make the app randomly
>> crash.
>
> Yeah I don't want to defame Microsoft on misleading things but it was
> still mathematically impossible to debug the code without Linux.

Microsoft offers some useful and free tools for diagnosing such
problems. See GFlags and PageHeap
<https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/drivers/debugger/gflags-and-pageheap>
and the related references there for example.

I recommend exercising more restraint with regard to the veracity of the
criticism you post to this list; it might just be the case that you have
more to learn.

Tom.