Re: [std-proposals] Paper for Preventing Re-entry of Functions (10 pages)

From: Jason McKesson <jmckesson_at_[hidden]>
Date: Sun, 19 Feb 2023 11:19:14 -0500
On Sun, Feb 19, 2023 at 11:15 AM Frederick Virchanza Gotham via
Std-Proposals <std-proposals_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> On Sun, Feb 19, 2023 at 4:00 PM Ville Voutilainen
> <ville.voutilainen_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> >
> > P.S. Somewhat tongue in cheek: I don't think the proposal has enough
> > keywords for use cases virtually nobody needs.
>

> If it's more to your palate, replace all the keywords I proposed with
> std::[keyword].

Those sorts of things have been proposed and rejected. The point I
believe Ville was trying to make is that the feature you want to have
is not widely useful enough to need a keyword. Which suggests that
it's not widely useful enough to need to be in the language at all.