Re: [std-proposals] set_new_handler extension

From: Frederick Virchanza Gotham <cauldwell.thomas_at_[hidden]>
Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2023 23:11:50 +0000
On Fri, Feb 17, 2023 at 5:16 PM Phil Bouchard wrote:

> I admit I'm using OpenCV4, and I did find some non-atomic reference
> count issues in their code but I did fix them.

My main job is to write firmware for microcontrollers inside
microscopes (some of which have a 16-bit byte), but I also write tools
for desktop PC's -- mostly for interacting with the microscopes.
Anyway I've been using wxWidgets for designing desktop GUI apps for
about 15 years and I find it great -- I don't think I've ever
discovered a bug in it. I wrote a complex multi-threaded,
multi-language (i.e. English, German, etc.), network analysis program
that can be built for MS-Windows, Apple macOS or Linux. Whenever I set
out to write a new desktop GUI program, I always go straight for
wxWidgets. It's really easy to design the dialogues and widgets using
wxFormBuilder. I use the C++ standard library for threads, mutexes,
flags, locks. wxWidgets has some thread classes built into it (e.g.
wxThread) but you don't have to use them, you can use std::thread or
pthread_create if you want and it's totally compatible.
Since wxWidgets works for Linux, macOS and MS-Windows, I really
haven't had any reason to go looking at stuff like Qt or whatever.