Re: [std-proposals] int Func(void) noreentry(-1)

From: Frederick Virchanza Gotham <cauldwell.thomas_at_[hidden]>
Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2023 07:28:20 +0000
On Fri, Feb 17, 2023 at 2:10 AM Thiago Macieira wrote:

> auto Func() const && noexcept noreentry && -> S &&;

Edward Catmar poststed:
>And how do you specify which allocator to use for the stable per instance state?

I have revised the syntax. You can use normal stack variables for the
mutexes/flags by doing:

    void Func(void) const && noexcept noreentry -> T &&;

But if you want it to be movable, you do:

    void Func(void) const && noexcept noreentry<std::allocator> -> T &&;

Of course, you can put any allocator you want in there. The above line
can also be written in shorthand:

    void Func(void) const && noexcept noreentry<new> -> T &&;

Edward Catmar posted:
> Come to think of it, what happens if that function is invoked on a moved from object?

Not sure what you mean here. I don't see why this would be more
complicated than if the function were invoked on an object that hasn't
been moved.

By the way in previous code examples posted by other people, I can
understand where you've used unique_ptr<atomic_flag> or
unique_ptr<mutex> in order to make the object movable. I don't however
understand how you would use shared_ptr here, because then you could
have two objects in existence but only one lock (because the two
shared_ptr's refer to the same lock). I don't understand.